The aromatic blend of spices match well with the sweetness of the strawberries.
Wine Match: Full Bodied Chardonnay or Chenin Blanc
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30+ minutes
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander seed
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 – 2 tsp cayenne pepper or chilli powder
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, trimmed of skin and fat and scored
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups cous cous
- 2 cups hot chicken stock
- 1 x 250g punnet Victorian Strawberries, washed, hulled and halved
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 cup natural yogurt
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a plastic bag, and mix well to coat chicken. Place thighs, nuts and any extra spice mix on a non-stick oven tray and bake for 25 mins.
- Remove from oven, keep chicken warm, then add cous cous, stock and strawberries to the tray, cover tightly with foil and place back into oven.
- Allow to absorb for 5 minutes.
- Remove foil and stir cous cous, place chicken back on top of cous cous and bake a further 5 – 10 mins.
- Remove from the oven, serve chicken, then toss mint through cous cous.
- Serve with natural yogurt if desired.