Barley Lentil Salad with Natural Almonds & Roasted Strawberries
This Barley and Lentil Roasted Strawberry Salad is sure to set tongues wagging. Use delicious Victorian Strawberries in savoury dishes to impress the herd.
Wine match: Moscato, sparkling Shiraz
- 2 cups barley
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 x 400g can brown lentils
- 1 x 200g packet natural almonds
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 x 250g punnet Victorian strawberries, washed, hulled & halved
- torn mint leaves
- 100g fresh ricotta
- Cook the barley and brown rice in boiling water for 35 minutes, and add brown lentils just before draining to warm through. Drain well.
- In a non stick pan, toast almonds, asparagus and strawberries until charred.
- Serve barley mix topped with asparagus and berries.
- Add torn mint and ricotta.
- Serve as is or drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.