Glazed Salmon Fillets with Strawberry and Avocado Salsa
This is fresh and cleansing recipe is the ideal dish for warm summer nights.
Cook's tip: This strawberry salsa is equally delicious served as bruschetta (on lightly oiled and grilled sliced foccacia) or as an accompaniment to grilled chicken.
- 1 medium sized avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 150g Victorian Strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1 small Spanish onion, diced
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey, warmer
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (200g each) skinless salmon fillets
- Combine all salsa ingredients and set aside.
- To prepare salmon, combine honey, olive oil, garlic, ginger and salt in a screw top jar; shake well and brush over salmon. Spray a flat barbecue hot-plate or grill-plate with non-stick cooking spray. Heat hot-plate and cook salmon, basting with marinade during cooking. Serve with salsa.