House Made Burger with Berry Beet Jam
Wine match: Dark ale or Shiraz
- olive oil & cracked pepper
- 500g good quality beef mince, shaped into 4 burger patties
- 4 artisan buns, sliced in half & toasted
- 4 thick cut slices aged Cheddar cheese
- 8 heaped spoons of warm Berry Beet Jam (see http://bit.ly/1WcD14e)
- 2 cups washed leaves (spinach, rocket, beetroot leaves)
- Heat a large pan and drizzle in some olive oil.
- Season patties with cracked pepper and place in pan. Cook for 5 minutes on one side, then turn and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Place a slice of Cheddar onto each pattie to warm through.
- Place a spoonful of jam onto the base of each toasted bun, then top with a handful of leaves.
- Slide the cooked pattie and Cheddar on top of the leaves then top with remaining jam and toasted bun lid.