Peppered Balsamic Strawberry Pizza
Strawberries, balsamic, and freshly cracked black pepper a perfect combination. Add it to Brie and turkey and you've got an amazing pizza.
This is a great way to use your left over Christmas turkey or ham.
Makes – 1 large pizza
- 1 x 250g punnet Victorian Strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze
- ½ tsp black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 large pizza base
- 2 tbsp tomato pizza sauce
- ½ red onion, finely sliced into half rings
- 150g cooked turkey, sliced
- 75g brie cheese, sliced
- 60g rocket, washed
- Preheat oven to 250°C.
- Slice the strawberries width ways into 1 ½ cm pieces. Place in a large bowl and stir through the balsamic vinegar and the pepper to cover evenly and leave to marinade for 10 minutes.
- Spread the pizza base with the pizza sauce leaving a 2cm edge.
- Add the onions and the turkey to the strawberries and mix through the marinade. Distribute this topping over the pizza base evenly, then top with the brie and drizzle any remaining marinade over the top of the pizza.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and the base is crispy.
- Cut pizza into 8 slices and top with the rocket. Serve immediately