Strawberry Chocolate Pizza
A fantastic twist on the traditional savoury pizza. This will sure be a hit.
Serves 4 to 6 people
- 1 sheet frozen shortcrust pastry
- 250g punnet Victorian Strawberries
- ¼ cup flaked almonds (optional)
- 150g good quality milk cooking chocolate
- ¼ cup thickened cream
- Butter, for greasing
- 50g White Melts
- Mint leaves, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 190ºC.
- Cut the green tops from the strawberries. Cut Victorian Strawberries in half; place in a bowl and set aside.
- Place almonds on an oven tray. Bake 2-3 minutes or until lightly golden (be careful they don’t burn). Remove from oven and set aside.
- Check that you have a medium sized heatproof bowl that securely fits on top of a saucepan. Fill the saucepan about 3cm deep with water and place over a medium heat until simmering. Turn the heat to low. Break the chocolate into pieces and place in heatproof bowl along with the cream. Place bowl on the saucepan. Stir chocolate/cream mixture until smooth. Remove from heat, keeping bowl on top of saucepan. Set aside.
- Grease a large pizza pan liberally with butter. Leave pastry on bench for about 5 minutes or until partially thawed. Place a 25cm diameter plate on top of the pastry and using the plate as a guide, cut out a circle. Place circle on greased pan. Prick all over with a fork (this stops the pastry rising). Bake 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from oven. Keeping the pastry on the tray, set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Spoon chocolate mixture onto pastry and spread with the back of a spoon leaving a 1.5 cm border around the edge. Top with White Melts. Place back in the oven for 1 minute or until White Melts are just melted. Remove from oven. Arrange strawberry halves on top of pizza, and then scatter with almonds. Garnish with mint leaves.