Strawberry Oat Loaf
Drizzle with maple syrup for the perfrect for breakfast or enjoy as a healthy snack.
Wine Match: Sparkling wine or rich coffee
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 50 mintues
- 100g unsalted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 x 250g punnet Victorian Strawberries, washed and hulled
(fresh or frozen and thawed)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp extra butter
- 1 cup walnuts
- maple syrup and extra strawberries to serve
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Cream the butter and sugar and add mashed strawberries and oats.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl, then gently fold through strawberry mixture.
- Pour into a greased (21cm x 6.5cm x 9cm) loaf pan then place in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes away clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack, then slice and serve.
- For a great breakfast option, toast thick slices of the strawberry loaf. Panfry walnuts lightly in butter, then spoon over toast with a drizzle of maple syrup and extra berries.