Summery Strawberry Tart
A yummy tart perfect for Summer that makes a hero out of Strawberry's!
This recipe was created for Victorian Strawberries by Shellie Froidevaux of @ironchefshellie
- 1 roll, store bought shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 600g mascarpone cheese
- 120g icing sugar, sifted
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of 2 lemon
- 300ml thickened cream
- 3 x 250g punnets Victorian strawberries, halved
- meringue kisses to decorate, optional
- edible flowers to decorate, optional
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced.
- Line a greased 22cm round, loose-based fluted tart pan with pastry. Trim the edges and prick the base with a fork. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Line the pastry case with non-stick baking paper, fill with baking weights and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and weights and bake for a further 10 minutes or until the pastry is just cooked. Allow to cool in the tin.
- In the bowl of your standing mixer combine mascarpone cheese, icing sugar, lemon zest and juice and beat until creamy. Add cream and beat on high until you get a fluffy filling.
- Spread filling into the cooled, empty tart shell, top with halved Victorian strawberries and meringue kisses and edible flowers if using.
You can whip the cream and cheese mixture and store it in the fridge until you are ready to assemble the tart, to prevent the pastry from going soggy.