White Sangria with muddled strawberries
Food match: Tapas, spiced chicken, summer BBQ foods
- ½ x 250g punnet Victorian Strawberries, washed
- 2 x 250ml cups Semillon, white Shiraz or chardonnay
- 2 x 250ml cups ginger beer
- 1 x 250ml cup apple juice
Crush strawberries to pulp and place in a large (1.5L) jug. Add white wine and apple juice and stir. Top with ginger beer, before serving. Pour into serving jars filled with strawberry ice blocks (below).
Strawberry ice blocks
- 2 mandarins, washed & sliced
- ½ x 250g punnet Victorian Strawberries, washed & sliced
- 12 cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks, broken
- 6 star anise
- edible flowers, strawberry flowers
Place assorted fruit slices, spices and flower petals in ice cube trays. Top with water and freeze. Serve with white sangria to add colour and spice.