1 x 375g roll of Carême Puff Pastry (defrosted)
1 egg, whisked to make an egg wash
200g crème fraîche
Sea salt and pepper to taste
3 x 250g punnets Victorian Strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
100g shaved excellent quality prosciutto
1/2 small red onion, finely sliced
3 teaspoons balsamic glaze
3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Micro-herbs or baby rocket for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 200oC and line a tray with baking paper.
2. Place pastry on tray. Using a sharp knife and a ruler, cut pastry into equal lengths to fit the tray, leaving 2cm between strips.
3. With a small paring knife, make a shallow incision around each strip 1.5cm from the edge, to create a frame (be careful not to cut all the way through). Brush frames with egg wash and prick the centre of the pastry liberally with a fork. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. Once baked, leave pastry to cool on a wire rack.
5. Mix crème fraîche with salt and pepper, then spoon into the tartelettes. Add sliced strawberries and fill any gaps with shaved prosciutto and onion.
Immediately before serving, drizzle with balsamic glaze and olive oil, then scatter with micro-herbs or baby rocket.