A simple recipe that you can get the kids cooking.
Wine Match: Crisp Riesling or Semillon
- 3 sheets pre prepared puff pastry
- 1/2 cup apricot jam, warmed
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 x 250g punnet Victorian Strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1 tbsp milk
- Vanilla bean ice cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut 4 large or 6 small even rounds from each sheet of pastry and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Combine the jam and cardamom and brush each round using half this mix. Slice strawberries and lay attractively on the pastry rounds, leaving a small border around the edge.
- Brush this pastry border with milk, and bake for 15 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- Brush each with remaining jam mixture while hot and allow to cool slightly. Serve with vanilla bean ice cream.