6 cobs corn
1 bunch chives, finely chopped
1/2 bunch coriander stems, finely chopped
1 teaspoon sea salt
Cracked pepper to taste
1 cup self-raising flour
4 tablespoons olive oil
Pico de Gallo
2 x 250g punnets Victorian Strawberries, washed, hulled and finely diced
1/2 bunch coriander, leaves picked
1 jalapeño, seeds removed and finely chopped
1/2 red onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon olive oil
Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
1 avocado, quartered
1 lime, cut into cheeks
1. Remove kernels from 3 corn cobs with a knife. Grate kernels from the remaining 3 cobs using a standard kitchen grater.
2. Mix corn kernels, herbs and eggs to make the fritter batter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Leave to rest while making the Pico de Gallo.
3. Prepare all ingredients for the Pico de Gallo and gently toss together. Taste for seasoning and place in a serving bowl.
4. To cook fritters, add oil and butter to a medium hot frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Keep warm until ready to serve.
5. To serve, divide fritters between plates and garnish with Pico de Gallo, avocado quarters and fresh lime cheeks.