The easiest and most spectacular appetiser, this recipe can be baked or unbaked. Simply serve your Brie with strawberries, fresh thyme and honey or when baked in an oven for 15 minutes, it becomes a dreamy molten showstopper – just remember to have some sturdy bread and crackers on hand. Perfect with a glass of bubbles with your special Valentine!
Serves 8 -12
- 2 x 250g punnets Victorian Strawberries, washed, hulled and halved
- 1kg* wheel of Brie
- Fresh thyme
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Crusty bread/crackers for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 180˚C.
- Place the brie into a ceramic or cast iron pan and surround with halved strawberries. Place extra strawberries on top.
- Sprinkle over fresh thyme, honey and olive oil, then place in oven and cook for 15 minutes or until cheese if puffed up and ready to burst.
- Break it open in front of the crowd and dig in with some crusty bread or crackers.
*This can also be done with smaller wheels of cheese if desired.