This light refreshing summer salad is perfect for those long hot days and showcases Victoria’s amazing strawberries.
- 1 x 250g punnets Victorian Strawberries, washed, topped and sliced
- 50g micro salad leaves or baby spinach leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 x 250g punnet baby cucumbers cut into chunky rounds
- 1 lemon, segmented, use the juice for the dressing
- 200g peeled raw prawn tails
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving
- 2 tablespoon kewpie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 dash sriracha
- 1/4 bunch washed dill fronds
- Sea salt flakes and freshly ground pepper, to serve
- On a large salad plater arrange the strawberries, micro salad leaves, avocado, cucumber and lemon segments.
- Toss the prawn with half the olive oil and heat bbq (or frypan) on high until very hot. Add the prawns and cook until they are nicely caramelised and cooked through.
- To make the dressing, add the lemon juice, mayonnaise, chives, tarragon with sriracha sauce into a small bowl and then place into a jug or little serving bowls to go with the salad.
- Place the warm prawns on the prepared salad platter ,drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper and garnish with dill fronds.