3 x 250g punnets Victorian Strawberries, washed and hulled
600ml thickened cream
2 tablespoons caster sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla paste
1 packet of sponge finger biscuits (savoiardi)
1/2 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon orange zest
1/4 cup Grand Marnier (optional)
1. Slice 2 punnets of strawberries in half.
2. Add sugar and vanilla to cream and whip until stiff peaks form. Gently whisk in mascarpone.
3. Line a loaf tin with foil and cling film, making sure there is plenty of overhang.
4. In a long shallow bowl, mix the orange juice, zest and Grand Marnier, then place 3 sponge fingers in the mixture at a time, flipping to coat. Lay sponge fingers in the lined tin, running lengthwise. Once the bottom of the tin is covered, top with one third of the vanilla mascarpone cream and strawberry halves.
5. Repeat process once more, finishing with a sponge finger layer on top. Keep the last third of the cream to decorate.
6. Chill overnight. When ready to serve, place serving plate over top of tin and flip, carefully removing foil and cling film.
7. Use the back of a knife to spread with remaining cream, then halve the last punnet of strawberries and scatter over tiramisù.