A great crumble slice perfect for afternoon tea
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 3 cups toasted oats or your favourite granola mix
- 100g almond meal
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 300g butter, melted
- 2 large pears, peeled & finely sliced
- 2 punnets Victorian strawberries (approx. 24 berries), washed, hulled & sliced
- egg wash
- Combine the oats, almond meal, seeds and butter and mix well. Place 2/3 of the mix into a 30cm x 20cm slice pan. Press down firmly. Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes, cool.
- Place slices of 1 pear over bake crumble, then top with strawberry slices, then remaining pear.
- Top with extra crumble then press down firmly (use baking paper so the crumble doesn’t stick to your hands).
- Brush with egg wash, then bake a further 20 minutes. Cool in the pan, then slice and serve.
Drink match: Iced chocolate with fresh strawberries