Who doesn’t love a pancake stack, especially if served on the most romantic day of the year – Valentine’s Day! This one is made even better with the addition of diced Victorian strawberries.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 4 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 500ml milk
- 200ml yoghurt*
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 100g butter, melted (plus extra for cooking)
- 250g punnet Victorian Strawberries, washed, hulled and finely diced
- 200ml double cream
- 250g punnet Victorian Strawberries, washed, hulled and quartered to serve
- Maple syrup
- Sift the dry ingredients together into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, add the milk, yoghurt, vanilla and melted butter. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth, then add the diced strawberries and rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium heat and add a little butter, when butter is sizzling, ladle ½ cup batter and cook until bubbles form on the top side. Flip over and cook on the other side until golden brown. Continue with the remaining batter.
- To serve, place the pancakes onto a platter, top with extra strawberries. Add cream (if desired) and pour over maple syrup to serve.
*If you really want to up your strawberry game use strawberry yoghurt.