This strawberry based salad is loaded with flavour and fresh greens
Wine Match: Light Pinot Noir
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes for pasta
For Balsamic Dressing
- 1 cup (250ml) good olive oil
- 1/3 cup (85ml) aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 x 250g punnet Victorian Strawberries, washed and hulled
- cracked black pepper
- 2 cups cooked penne pasta, cooled
- 2/3 x 250g punnet Victorian Strawberries, washed and hulled
- 4 large buffalo mozzarella, torn (or large bocconcini)
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, washed
- ½ cup basil leaves, washed and torn
- Whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Puree the dressing strawberries and pass through a sieve, then whisk into the oil mixture. Taste and season with cracked pepper.
- To prepare salad, toss pasta, strawberries, mozzarella and spinach in a large bowl with dressing. Allow to sit for 10 minutes then serve on a large plate. Top with torn basil leaves.