A tangy salad with the vibrant flavours and aromas of Mexico.
Wine Match: Mexican beer or Chardonnay
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 tortilla wrappers, roughly sliced
- spray olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds combined with 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cups roasted chicken meat, torn roughly
- 1 x 250g punnet Victorian Strawberries, washed, hulled and
- 1 baby cos lettuce, washed and torn
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 cup washed coriander leaves
- juice of one large or 2 small limes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- cracked black pepper
- sour cream to serve
- Pre heat oven to 160oC. Coat tortilla wrappers in a little spray oil, then lightly dust with the cumin seeds and powder. Place on a lined oven tray and bake until crisp.
- Keep warm.
- Combine the chicken, strawberries, lettuce, avocado and coriander in a large bowl. Mix together the remaining cumin, lime juice, oil and cracked pepper, then toss through the salad.
- Serve the salad in 4 individual bowls, with crisp tortilla strips and a dollop of sour cream.