Prefect as an entree or a light snack or meal
Cooks tip: White balsamic vinegar is found in the vinegar section of the supermarket.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 4 minutes
- 250g Victorian strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar*
- ground black pepper
- 300g jar marinated feta, drained and lightly mashed
- 8 slices Italian style bread
- olive oil
- 60g thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup baby rocket
- 25g toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Slice strawberries and place in a ceramic or glass bowl. Add vinegar and pepper and stir gently. Set aside for at least 10 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid.
- Heat a stove top grill or barbecue over a medium-high heat. Brush both sides of each bread slice with olive oil. Grill, in batches if necessary, for 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Spread with feta, then top with strawberries, lightly pressing them onto the feta. Top with prosciutto and rocket and sprinkle with hazelnuts. Drizzle with a little of the reserved strawberry marinade and olive oil. Serve immediately.